Do you all get the feeling that the coloring book market is slightly saturated? HAHAHAHA of course it is! Everybody and their pet mini giraffe has a coloring book out.
GET INTO YOUR CREATIVE FLOW
Looking for ideas to do with your kids? Check these ones out!
Because I am so edgy, yet slightly lemming, I made my own coloring book, too. However! Mine makes you draw your own pages. This is a million times more fun than coloring some other doofus’ drawings in, and you can proudly show your completely-100%-made-by-you artwork off to everyone, and then frame it and hang it and blow it a little kiss once in a while.
Here’s one of the projects from my book, and it’s one of my faves.
How to draw a Really Cool Coloring Page
- Draw 5 or 6 or 7 small, unassuming circles all around your page.
- Draw a few concentric circles around each of those circles.
- Loosely outline the whole group to sort of frame it.
- Darken areas of the lines to add depth and interest to the drawing.
- Fill the whole thing with smaller lines.
As you can see, you can make a really cool, complex-looking design by following these easy steps.
I got fancy with my coloring and made the bottom half more pink-heavy, while the top was more blue and green-heavy. I also used these awesome markers from ooly!