Thinking up that ironical dream house got me thinking. What would I seriously love in a real next house that we own?
I am an obsessively visual person, and always have been. My eyeballs are constantly taking in data and processing it inside my pea head, and that’s why I won’t be focusing on you if we have a conversation in person, because you won’t hold my attention for very long. You see, I won’t be listening to a word you say. I will be drinking you and every little nuance of you into my visual mind file.
When I worked as a full time Stylist I had files jammed full of tears from various home design magazines. Bathrooms, kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms, etc. This is why I love Pinterest with my whole heart and soul, and why I am fond of lifestyle bloggers, even though I want to punch the fabulousness out of them sometimes.
Following is a handful of things on my real next home list.
1. Mudroom. Whoever decided that mudrooms were a good thing to add onto a home was a damn genius.
2. Glass shower in master bedroom with slate tile floor. Yes. And white walls and public radio piping in while I take a moderately hot shower and slough my callouses.
3. Fireplace. Nothing is better than a fireplace, except maybe an indoor pool, but I’m not going to go getting all crazy for this list.
4. Lots of light. As someone who is partial to the effects of antidepressants, I also tend to enjoy lots of natural light. This also helps in the trying-to-make-art category.
5. Front porch or enclosed sunroom. I need to be able to have a little nook in which to stare outside- Otherwise my brain doesn’t stop going and it explodes. It’s messy.
Look! A rabid squirrel is eying us from that tree! Good thing we’re invincible on our porch. Now go git me an iced tea.
(That’s me talking to Christian.)