Are you looking forward to Thanksgiving this year? We sure are and love adding a personal touch to our Thanksgiving table. These Easy Handmade Thanksgiving Place Cards will add that personalized and handmade touch you may be looking for too! This project is a beginner Cricut project using your Cricut Maker. This project is fun and easy to make!
What we like about these Thanksgiving place cards is they can be a fun gift to give your loved ones for attending dinner at your home or you can keep them to reuse year after year – it is up to you! We chose to handwrite in our text but you can also have it printed using the project tutorial from Cricut Access. If you enjoy making Cricut projects you may also like this paper banner.
Thanksgiving Place Cards Supplies
- cardstock paper in white, dark brown, light brown, yellow and red
- black fine point ink pen or with a brush tip depending on the style preferred
- glue sticks and glue gun
- Cricut cutting machine
- paper straw cut in half
- razor pen just in case a piece needs extra trimming
- LightGrip Machine Mat
- Scoring Stylus
You can truly use any paper colors you’d like if you would like more variety for you thanksgiving table decoration – this project is found in the DesignSpace of Cricut. The project is called Personalized Turkey Place Cards and will cut out these shapes on your cardstock. I used the fine point cutting blade and used the light grip sheet. This Thanksgiving Place Card Idea will become a new project favorite because these turkeys are SO CUTE! Every detail you need to do this cut out design is also in the DesignSpace project description. To go to DesignSpace go here.
How to make Thanksgiving Place Cards
- Search for this project of DesignSpace with Cricut.
- Follow the prompts, place your paper on the mat and load the mat to cut all the pieces and parts to make your turkey thanksgiving place card.
- Once all your pieces are cut assemble them from largest to smallest for the body then attach the tail and hat. You will do this by glueing the pieces together.
- Glue the smaller circle on top of the larger for the base then attach the straw to the back of the turkey with glue and glue to base so your turkey stands up.
- Write the name of the person the place card is for.
We hope you enjoy making this Easy Handmade Thanksgiving Place Cards with your Cricut! If you are in the mood for more Thanksgiving projects you may enjoy making these Crazy Mixed Up Hand Turkeys.
We wish you happy crafting and a wonderful holiday season!