Let’s add some creative flair to gift-giving with this Doodle Art Gift Tag DIY project. This doodle art is fun and easy- a great project for all ages!. If you haven’t tried making your own homemade gift tags today is the day to try! You can find inspiration for doodle art designs on our site as well! Let’s get started!
What is Doodle Art?
Doodle art is simple art often called a scribble. Research has suggested that doodling can calm us, help us process information, and act as a tool for creative problem solving even! Who would have known the power a little doodle can hold! What we love about doodle art is that it can be unstructured and unplanned. You create to whatever brings you joy in the moment!
Materials Needed to make your Doodle Art Gift Tags:
- white card stock paper
- paper cutter (you can also use a Cricut for this – learn more about what we use and the type of projects we have made here)
- gift tag hole puncher (we used this Bira Craft Punch)
- colored pencils
- fine point black pen
- ribbon, packing thread or yarn
Get your creative juicing going by referring to our Winter Doodle Art Designs or one of our popular articles – 45 Super Cool Doodle Ideas.
There are endless ideas to create gift tags that are personal to you and the pone you are gifting to.
Ideas for Doodle Art for your Gift Tags
- doodle something that gives a hint to what your gift is
- doodle something relatable to the holiday you are gifting for i.e.- birthday, Christmas, ect
- Candy if it is a sweet treat you are gifting
- funny faces could be fun to doodle on your gift tag
- add some zentangle flair – get zentangle inspiration by visiting our article – Zentangle Patterns and Starter Sheets
How will YOU decorate your gift tags?
If you still need more help brainstorming head over to our article, Winter Doodle Art Designs, and get more ideas specifically for winter and Christmas gift tags!
If you want to make another creative version of gift tags check out our DIY Scratch Paint Gift Tags. They are fun – kids love them and it brings back fond artsy memories to adults that used to create this type of art as a kid.
If you also want to make some creative gifts for gift giving give these Beautiful Zentangle Ornaments a try. Your loved one will treasure them for years to come and you will enjoy the process of creation! Happy art and crafting!