Do you love crafting with your kids? We have a great DIY Christmas tree craft project for you to make with your loved ones!
This is a fun and easy craft for all ages! This will easily become a crafting hit with your young kids as they will love that they jingle once complete. In addition to being a fun craft, this is also extremely adaptable, as this Christmas Tree Craft Idea could easily be made into a Christmas Tree ornament by simply adding twine to the top !
Let’s get started crafting!
Christmas Tree Decoration Supplies
- 2-3” paper mache cone
- 20” of green satin ribbon
- miniature bells (or beads or pom poms as alternative)
- glue gun
- glue stick
- Optional: Twine
No longer do we have to spend hours at the crafting store or spend a ton of money on craft supplies. These simple crafts here at CraftWhack are created with the busy parent in mind who wants to get creative but keep it simple. From using simple crafting supplies that many of us already have on hand, inexpensive supplies using a minimal amount of items, we believe that getting to craft and make memories with your family over the holidays should be simple. And most of all, it should be FUN!
We do not want an EXTRA thing on our to-do list, and most of the items found in this craft can be easily purchased online or at any major crafting store. Not only do they turn out super cute, but they have multiple uses and could even be saved to give to others as Christmas gifts.
How to Make a Christmas Tree Tabletop Decoration
- Begin by plugging in and warming up your glue gun.
- Glue down the end of your ribbon to the tip of the paper mache cone.
- Take your ribbon and wrap the ribbon from the tip of the tree around the paper mache cone, glueing it on the paper mache cone as you go down toward the bottom of the tree.
- Glue miniature bells (or pom poms or beads) around the tree with your hot glue gun.
- Optional: To make this into a Christmas ornament you can loop a small piece of twine to the top of the tree and adhere it with hot-glue.
Once you have completed your Christmas tree craft you can display it on many different locations throughout your house. It looks beautiful atop a mantel, on a pretty tabletop, on a wintery windowsill or as an ornament on your Christmas tree.
We used green ribbon, but you could also vary the material used by replacing the ribbon with a different color, use twine or even yarn. If being used as a Christmas present, you could purchase various sizes of paper mache cones to create a fun wintery scene to be gifted to family and friends or, keep the wintery scene for yourself if you have a hard time parting with your beautiful creation!
However you choose to create this Christmas Tree Decoration we hope that you enjoy the crafting process, include all your loved ones, and savor a little bit of the Christmas magic, through crafting, this Holiday Season!