My 5 Weeks of Gift Giving with Mia from Pragmatic Mom are coming to a close with this week’s guide: Left Brain/Right Brain gifts. Since I am fully living in the right side of my brain, I simply can’t write about anything that has anything even remotely to do with the left side of the brain.
Get your DIY on...
...with the top 5 Do-It-Yourself projects!
So here goes my guide to gifts to give that promote right brain activity! Woo hoo!
1. Alpha-Stitch Pillow Craft Kit – I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say this is way better than the rug hook kits we did in the 80’s. (Although my Grover rug hook rocked).
2. I don’t know. I know it’s been around forever, but I have to add Spirograph to my list- it’s just so magical to make your first Spirograph design, and you sort of never want to stop making them.
3. Drawing book for kids – I loved getting drawing books as a kid, and the author of this book has such a great, encouraging tone.
4. I adore Kiwi Crate, and I’m crazy about their line for older kids, Doodle Crate. We had so much fun with our last Doodle Crate, and it’s brilliant that you can buy one-off gifts or subscriptions.
5. Giant-ass sketchbook. Boom. Can’t go wrong giving this to someone to draw their days away in. It’s perfect for endless drawing, sketching, dreaming, taping, stamping, scribbling.
6. I’m thinking anything on this site would be great for me I mean that creative person on your list. Paper planners= invitations to be creative while planning out your days.
7. The deal Amazon is offering on this Silhouette Cameo starter kit is crazy- and it’s a no-brainer gift to buy for any maker you know. I want to make t-shirts and vinyl wall decals with it, but you can do all sorts of scrapbooking, card-making and other magical things.
8. DIY stamp carving kit – this is rad. Stamp carving kits are beyond fun, and this one comes with a bunch of really neat templates.
9. Blick marker set – this is Blick’s answer to the pricier Copic markers. If your recipient isn’t a die-hard Copic fan, but you still want to get them a good quality marker set, Blick is the way to go. They have dual tips (one side brush, the other side chisel), for lettering, coloring, drawing, eating.
Hey! Thanks for following along as Mia and I shared our 5 weeks of gift guides. Hope you found some great ideas, and happy shopping!
Hey, pin it: