I’m not sure if there is a Caitlyn Jenner doll out on the market, yet, but that idea just popped into my head, so some enterprising young entrepreneur better get on that if there isn’t one.
“Gender Bending Gifts” is such a funny phrase, in that it makes me think of forcing typical girl toys on boys and vice versa. I don’t think anyone benefits from this sort of gift-giving, but I do think there are plenty of ideas out there for kid gifts that don’t scream out that they’re specifically intended for boys or girls.
Let’s start with this one, my favorite art supply I’ve gotten my hands on this past year:
1. The Gelli print plate. This baby is fun for any kid- It’s easy to use, easy to clean, easy to make cool prints. Just start by rolling some acrylic paint on it, drawing lines in the paint, and pressing paper down. Your kids will take it from there.
2. A globe. Yep, I’m thinking every kid needs a globe to spin around and dream of future travel adventures.
3. Draw me a House – This book is a great version of all those coloring books out there for ‘adults’, and this one will introduce your kids to architecture. I would have loved this book as a kid. Not because I was into architecture, per se, but because there are fun lines and shapes in architecture to color.
4. This one’s a no brainer. There’s not a kid alive who doesn’t love cool forts, and these teepees are the bomb. Don’t you remember the cozy excitement of hiding away from everyone?
5. Thank you cards! Yes! Every kid begs for thank you cards for the holidays, right? I couldn’t help throwing this one in. I’m such a mom.
6. I keep pushing sun print paper from time to time because I remember the first time I used this stuff, and it blew my little mind – your kids will be captivated.
7. So my trend for this post is to look back at all the toys and games I loved as a kid, and this labyrinth game kept me captivated for hours on end. I’m SO EXCITED they still make it.
8. Here’s the coolest thing that my lovely 12 year old daughter Fen got her hands on this year: The mighty skateboard.
9. Origami is one of those creative activities that seems to peak everyone’s interest. What else can you say about Origami? It’s just cool.
Here is the schedule for Pragmatic Mom and my 5 Weeks of Gift Giving roundups- don’t miss the next 2!
Hey, pin it:
Share This Awesomeness: