It’s hard to find unique gifts for artists, isn’t it? You want to make sure whatever you buy is up to their visual standard, but also creative, and maybe something they’ll love more than anything in the world.
Luckily, I am an artist, and I’m writing this gift guide as my gift to you. If you’re also an artist, you’ll probably want everything on this list, or maybe you have your own favorite gift ideas for artists? Let me know in the comments.
- This amazing book is a classic, and the artist in your life will read it, take it down from time to time to revisit it, and always think of you when they are having creative breakthroughs. Good job, art lover.
- Something to do with their hands when they’re not making art. This colorful little gadget will encourage your artists to spend time sitting calmly and thinking. It’s like the adult fidget toy for artists.
- If you want to splurge on your artist, these Caran D’ache water soluble pastels are some of the loveliest art supplies I’ve ever used. They’re what happens if you combine a crayon with an oil pastel with a colored pencil. So rich and vibrant, and really fun to draw with.
- Yes, I’m actually including a bluetooth speaker in here. They’re on my mind because I need one for my studio, and the one I have now is terrible.
Such a hilarious mug, and every artist will know this feeling.
A drawing tablet! Prices have gone down so much for drawing tablets, that this is a no-brainer for an artist gift. Wacom has been the favorite of artists for a long time, so I would go with this one. (This is the small size. There’s also a medium.)
I have a feeling there are a lot of artists out there who like to send snail mail. Help them take it one step further with these envelope templates.
These pencils crack me up. They’re so simple, but perfect for drawing-lovers.
- This leather pen(cil) pouch is stunning. Perfect for pens, pencils, erasers, charcoal, crayons…
- A heavy duty apron with tons of pockets for all the artists and makers in your life. This is much cooler than wearing a cast-off baking apron like I do. 🙂
- A simple color wheel t shirt. It’s cool, it’s the color wheel, it’s not annoying like most art t shirts.
- This is pure art history gold. So many fun little tidbits about artists that we’ve learned about for years- but only the very tame, art-related info. From the description: “With outrageous anecdotes about everyone from Leonardo (alleged sodomist) to Caraviaggio (convicted murderer) to Edward Hopper (alleged wife beater), Secret Lives of Great Artists recounts the seamy, steamy, and gritty history behind the great masters of international art.”
Good stuff, right? How many of these things did you just buy for yourself? Also see these lists: