Although I don’t partake in officially making New Year’s resolutions, I can’t help but mentally review the past year and take stock of what I’ve accomplished and where I want to go.
For the first time, I am actually writing down some goals I have for the year and posting them in my organizational binder. That way, I can flip to them from time to time, and stare at them as if to sear the list into my brain and stay steady on the path to greatness.
What do you do? Most people I asked in social media don’t set official resolutions. They either have sworn them off, or think up some nebulous ideas of change for the better, like I do.
One of my ongoing goals is to eat- and feed my family- more healthy foods. Sometimes I succeed, and other times we order pizzas.
I have a sort of kick ass Pinterest board of healthy recipes that I’ve been slowly adding to, and as the pins seems to be repinned at alarming rates, I figured I would round on up some of the recipes that look like they might be next to hit the Nyberg household palates.
I have tried NONE of these yet. But I’m ugly-drooling at several of them, all over my hands as I type. And for Gob’s sake, leave a comment if you have a favorite healthy recipe for me to pin.
1. Cilantro Lime Farro from Gimme Some Oven. Never had Farro. Lookin’ good.
2. Baked Parmesan Zucchini – raise your hand if you would dip these in ketchup!
3. Cruciferous Confetti Slaw with Sunflower Seeds & Feta Dressing – the colors alone in this make me want to dive into a vat of it and eat my way out, screaming something about my healthy heart all the way.
4. Skinny Orange Chicken – Yes, please.
5. Vegan Big Mac – I am soooo picky when it comes to veggie burgers, so I will give this one a whirl, and I have high hopes for it, based solely on how gorgeous the photo is.
6. Southwestern Quinoa Bites – What’s not to like?
7. Crockpot Miso Vegetable Zoodle Soup – I totally need to try zoodles, despite how annoying I find the name. Despite how perfect the name is.
8. Black and Red Lentil Chili – Also, she has a cool little garlic-peeling tip on this post.
9. Chicken and Dumpling Soup with Quinoa – Oh, heavens.
10. Spiced Lentils and Poached Eggs – I would eat so much of this that I would then fall into a heap on the ground and slumber for 6 hours straight.
11. Detox Salad – It’s a knockoff of the Whole Foods Detox Salad! Hooray!
12. One Pot Wonder Thai Style Peanut Pasta Recipe – One pot meals are the absolute best. Oh my God, I can’t even say enough good things about them.
13. Another veggie burger. We’ll see. Dazzle me.
14. Winter Wheat Berry Power Salad – POWER SALAD says it all, bitches.
15. Spinach Almond Pesto – Scrum-diddly-umptious. Sorry, I’m running out of things to say about food.
16. Grilled Vegetable and Fontina Pizza – Because grilled pizza RULES.
17. Lettuce Wraps – I think more often than not I’d rather use lettuce leaves around my sandwich innards instead of bread.
18. Honey Lime Chicken Skewers – Now I’m getting really hungry and I’ve done this post instead of making dinner, so we’re stuck eating cereal.
19. Vegetarian Pho – I’d have to cut up the mushrooms real small. (Food texture issues.)
20. Goat Cheese Scrambled Eggs with Pesto Veggies – Holy yummness on a plate.